Monday, May 9, 2011

Another Update - Hospital Stay

I know I have not been writing for a while now but there are some recent developments that prevented me to email you all and give you an update. On Tuesday May 3 in the afternoon, I was admitted to the hospital with high fever 103 F and what seemed to be an infection. After some tests, the doctors discovered that my white blood cells are really low at 200 and trying to determine if I am fighting a flue or sinus infection at the same time. It has been a hard stay at the hospital as Terezka is staying with Erika and Maros who are taking a great care of her because Peter is gone on business trip. Peter is coming home early (tonight to be more specific) as I have to stay in the hospital until fever is resolved and my white blood cells increase. That also need to be resolved before I can get another round of treatment.

Little bit of good news I got through my stay is that my HCGC (the pregnancy) hormone levels went down from 1100 to only 300 which means that the chemotherapy is working :). I am at the Fairview Southdale Hospital so people can stop by but please make sure to call me first and that you have not been feeling sick or came in contact with sick people. Ohh please be prepared to talk as my mouth hurts and it is hard for me to talk :) Thank you all for you continuous support and help. I will keep you all posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment